After being cheerfully enjoying one of our festival back in my granny‘s home, it is time to come back to be a part of routine life.
Thinking of college and friends, I got into the train compartment, I was with my family. It was some festival day, there were no passengers in station and the compartment was empty…we found the seats which we had reserved 5 days before (as if we will not be having seats) anyways we got settled there
Suddenly from no where a bunch of members came into the compartment they all settled near by us….some members sat in our opposite seat
I was watching them, as they were hurry burrily doing all the things as if the train is about to leave(there was nearly half n hour for its departure).
At last the half n hour passed away….the train was about to leave….now nearly half the people from that bunch got down of the train and only 4 of them were left in the train ……then I understood that they all came just for send off.
The train slowly started and a huge amount of bye’s were exchanged between them(granny bye, aunty bye,guddu bye,……….something like dat) at last the train left the platform and moved into the beautiful crop fields(they were really beautiful).
I was standing at the entrance when all this was happening, now I started walking towards my seat, as I was nearing my seat I saw a girl (nearly 16-17 in age) and a middle aged woman in my opposite seat. I sat there and slowly looked at the girl, her face was covered with a scarf (including her hair) and I could only see her eyes. She has magic in her eyes, I couldn’t take my eyes from her…I was just looking at her eyes.
Then I realized that the girl was watching me, seeing her…I just turned my head towards the window, the same crop fields which were first beautiful now looked rubbish.
My heart was telling me to talk with her…………………….
Fortunately aunty asked me where are u going…..i replied some place in Hyderabad…to continue the conversation I asked the same question…..she was explaining some place in hyd………I nodded my head as if I am familiar with it, actually I din’t know it…….
I asked her is she your daughter showing the girl………….she said yes……I thought dis is the right time and asked the girl what’s your name…… she said ‘……..’
Then I got distracted by compartment boy giving breakfast to everyone……we had breakfast ,all my family members n the aunty all just slept after having Tiffin(as if some anesthesia mixed in it)
The girl was seeing through the window, I just wanted to talk with her , not knowing how to start I asked the same question “ummmm…aaaa….what’s your name”, she turned to me and said I told u its ‘……..’,I said ,“ok baba I just forgot it" and asked her about her studies,college,friends……..
I hate this type of conversation where I have to ask question and in reply I get a one word answer, as if iam conducting some quiz. After every answer I have to frame a new question to continue the conversation….
After some time she started talking freely asking about me…………I took dis as an advantage and said “can you please take off your scarf I am not able to hear u properly”………..she just looked at me…I know she was smiling as her eyes talk more than her lips………………..
Suddenly a huge noise of another train passing our train, every one just woke up because of the sound………….i looked at my sister rubbing my eyes(as if I was also sleeping and just woke up because of the sound)and asked,” water please”.
The train went away and every one slept again……..there was silence all the way, the girl was looking here n there………….
This time I don’t want me to start the conversation again…..i was waiting for her to say something……but she didn’t (nearly 1hr).
Then a old man came there and was asking her “how much time it will take to reach hyd”…….she was looking at me for answer…..knowing it I just ignored her and moved from there telling the old man 20min and went to entrance and stood there with hand in pocket…..i found a chewing gum (he..he..one of our lecturer calls it bablingum) in my pocket, I opened it and started chewing it…….
Suddenly I saw from outside of the window a beautiful girl with silky hair, I couldn’t see her face clearly but she looked pretty……
I came to my seat again, then realized that girl removed her scarf and she was girl i have seen from the outside window……….she was like a angel.
I looked at her with a smile on my face, now it was her turn, she just ignored it as if it was not meant for her….i understood she was hurt..
By this time we were just entering into the station, I found a paper plate and borrowed pen from someone and wrote sorry with a smiley on it and stuck it on her opposite seat with help of chewing gum and went off taking my baggage from up…….we were ready to get down the train…..
At this moment I really wanted to see her for the last time……I turned back and saw her….she was smiling and said byeee…………………………….
Is this the ending ,is any thing missing in it……should I continue……should I stop here, is there any end point to it………….i really don’t know
HOW TO END THIS?????????
Saturday, October 10, 2009
HOW TO END THIS????????
Posted by immu at 9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment